Learn how to use Git, a distributed version control system, for free. Pioneered by Linus Torvalds, the creator of the Linux kernel, Git is a fast, easy and widely used way to manage your code and collaborate.
GitHub is a web platform for hosting source code with Git. They complement each other nicely and make writing code a whole lot less painless.
The event will be taking place on Wednesday, October 17th at 6:30pm at Draker's offices:
431 Pine Street, Suite 114 Burlington, VT 05401
What You Need to Bring
- An open mind
- A notebook and pen
- A positive attitude
What You Will Take Away
- An understanding of what Git is and how it works
- The basic commands for using Git
- How to start using Git with your current project, regardless of language or platform
- Why you should use Git instead of SVN
- Why you should use GitHub instead of BitBucket
- Resources for learning Git
- The feeling of being part of a community of developers
Who Should Attend
Anyone who works with code, really! If you aren't using version control, you're doing it wrong. If you are using SVN, then I apologize in advance. What I will be covering is not at all language or platform specific. Git commands and workflows apply to any language!